Thursday, September 3, 2015

PIe Crust Basketweave Cowl

    So I bought a copy of Vogue Knitting Stitchionary:  Volumes One and Two.  They have been so much fun to look at and I want to try out tons of stitches.  I also realized that this year with two boys in school, I will have to come up with some Christmas gifts for teachers and service providers.  I decided the best way would be to play with the stitch patterns and make some cowls.  I can give each person a cowl and a Dunkin gift card and I will be all set for the holidays.  Two birds with one stone.  I took the stitch patterns and put them in the round to complete the cowls.  I only used one skein of Brava Bulky for each cowl, it's a great way to use up my immense bulky yarn stash.  I hope you enjoy.

                                                           


                                                             Pie Crust Basketweave Cowl




Materials Needed:

1 skein (136 yds/100 grams) Brava Bulky, shown in Eggplant
Size 13 circular needles

C/O 64 stitches and join in the round

Round 1-3:  (k2, p6) repeat until end of the round

Round 4:  knit all stitches

Round 5-7:  p4, (k2, p6) until last 4 stitches, k2, p2

Round 8:  knit all stitches

Keep repeating all the rounds until almost out of yarn and then bind off.  Easy, peasey, lemon squeezey as my 6 year old says.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love basketweave stitch patterns of all sorts, and I have several skeins of bulky yarn to use up. Very cute! I might do a little roll of stockinette top and bottom just for fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete